The success of QSI today has been built upon 35 years pioneering the field of health information technology (HIT). And the success of tomorrow rests on how QSI is uniquely positioned at the cutting-edge to meet and exceed the demands of the future.
The year 2009 was a significant turning point for both QSI and the healthcare information technology (HIT) sector as a whole.
With the introduction of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) in February, new and significant growth opportunities emerged for QSI and the HIT sector at large. Funding became available to promote the adoption of electronic health records (EHR), and QSI currently enjoys a pioneering role in such products and services.
ARRA dictates the allocation of more than $60 billion in incentives and grant money earmarked to stimulate medical and dental practices to adopt HIT, such as EHR, during the course of the following four years (by 2014).
Approximately 20 percent of the nation’s physicians and dentists are currently using electronic health records, which leaves 80 percent of the market poised for rapid EHR adoption. The stimulus bill is intended to encourage and motivate the remaining 80 percent to become EHR-compliant by 2014.
Although top ranked among companies providing EHR solutions, QSI has only scratched the surface. The company currently serves nearly 20 percent of those clinicians who have implemented and are utilizing EHR software solutions. The market opportunity that remains for both the company and the sector is enormous.
QSI is well positioned to capture additional market share based on its broad offering, award-winning platforms, rich functionality and robust solutions. QSI is building its team of implementation and training professionals, reviewing additional complementary acquisitions and further strengthening its highly experienced senior management team.
Together with the HITECH portion of the economic stimulus, QSI’s road ahead is clearly paved with tremendous opportunity and expansive growth. QSI remains a revolutionary and leader in technology solutions that will aid in the complete overhaul of our nation’s healthcare system by automating routine tasks, streamlining business operations, increasing patient access, and enabling physicians and dentists to return to practicing medicine.
Understanding The Stimulus
"We view the HITECH portion of the economic stimulus plan as a potentially significant opportunity for Quality Systems."